Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Flu...da-dun-duuuun



This week started out pretty miserable. And poor Dan had to put up with a whinny, greasy, pukey, wife....and sleeping on the couch for 2 days, oops! SO, since I have done nothing with myself over the past 4 days all I have to tell you about is what I haven't dealt with since I think I was in Elementary school. For the record, it was just as awful and I remember it.


This consists of items that got me through the day: phone (of course), popsicles (when they'd stay down), carmex, lotion, water bottle(s, of course having more than one is essential?), a glass of Sprite, a glass of Pedialite, my Nook (which I thought I'd be able to read, but couldn't keep my eyes open to concentrate long enough), organic saltine crackers (I'm enjoying Dan's new shopping habits), and my eye mask (which I wore for 2.5 days, don't judge).


This is wear I spent those days, surrounded by giant pillows, blankets, and 3 rice bags that helped me survive the body aches and chills that I thought I would die from, funny how big of a baby being ill can make you.


My laptop got me through the periods of time when I was running back and forth to the bathroom and not being able to sleep;Desperate Housewives is entertaining enough but if I can fall asleep just listening to it then I don't feel bad missing out on episodes by not 'watching' them.


This girl got me through those 3 days by cuddling up to me even after I'd get sick. Dan thinks he's getting sick by being around the dog now, that's not possible...? Anyway, now that I'm starting to feel better I think she's giving me the guilt trip because all I get is the 'Mom, I stayed in bed with you night and day when you were sick, and you won't even take me on a walk' look; it's working, maybe tomorrow, Ali.


As promised, one of the projects I was working on last week which I saw online HERE. I painted one of Dan's old dressers with black chalkboard paint (used 2 coats) and wrote on it with chalk. He told I should have done dry erase (which I think they have) but I said no. Plus, when our nephews and niece come visit they have something to draw on! Yeah for saving paper! ?? :)



time to give Ali her medicine...maybe that will be a rant for next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment