Tuesday, January 3, 2012

In The Beginning


Yes, you've got it. I've caved and finally joined the blogging community.

While listening to my husband go on and on about all of his interests/obsessions (tea, glass, fragrance-free products) I have decided I need to start speaking up about things I'm interested in or this could be a long life-time of happily-wedded bliss :) Love you, Dan!

And since he actually DOES listen to me when I express interest, this Christmas for my birthday and Christmas gift he was so kind to get me (okay, it's kind of a gift for the 2 of us) something I've always wanted: my very own Cannon EOS Rebel.

Here is a look into what our lives as newly weds is consumed by

Piles of Laundry! ... minus the loads that are in the washer and dryer already.

...and this:

Bills, Decisions, Paperwork, Insurance .... and more bills.



We were able to go to a Sioux hockey game with Dan's family a few weekends ago and we were lucky enough to make it to Parrot's Cay (our FAVORITE place to get wings in GF when we lived there)! .... also, one of us was smart enough to put the white portion of her sleeve in wing sauce, so that also became a project of cleaning. Could not have done it without stain remover and our new favorite laundry detergent from Shaklee!



On a weekend day when we were both home (this NEVER happens) we made deep-fried cheesy pickles mmm (get the recipe here) and our new bowls we got from Dan's parents for Christmas--we like them for popcorn!
note: this is really our only counter space in the kitchen, it tends to fill up quickly with drying dishes, mail, coupons, dying plants, and groceries!



Our needs-to-decorated-oh-so-badly living room with our Christmas goodies. We spend the majority of our time in here...I'm sure you can see it contains most of our cable-free entertainment. I'm desperate to have it moved downstairs so we utilize more of our home.



As I said earlier, the counter sees it's fair share of groceries. And that handsome fool is my hubby. He's also Santa Clause on good days.



Trying to catch them both posing but Ali, our dog-child, has an attention span of a dinosaur. Notice our Christmas tree comes in handy for not only holding our antenna but we get our best quality channels from that spot right there. Fire hazard? Maybe.



And most days we can even find time to relax and chew on a new bone we've gotten for Christmas, just long enough to keep us out of the bathroom garbage and eating things that shall not be identified until we poop it out. No, Ali, we have NO idea you do that, please, continue to do so at your pleasure.


Happy New Years from our Home to Yours.









3 comments:

  1. Yay for another blog to follow!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! I LOVE hearing about your adventures and your life together...laundry and bills...yep, that sounds about right for people our age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unknown. Um, no. It's me, SThaden.

    ReplyDelete